Apple Map is an Apple Inc app; a default map app on all iOS devices that offers directions and travel time estimates for various form of transports such as automobile, pedestrian, and public transportation. Apple map was launched on September 19, 2012, as a replacement for Google Maps as the default map service.
What You Can Do With Apple Map on Your iOS Devices
- Apple Map has a vector graphics which allows its users to save data.
- The map also has a normal map, satellite view, a hybrid view that combines the conventional and satellite view as well as the public transit view.
- Apple Maps plans user’s routes.
- Additionally, Siri is fused into the apple map, and it is currently functioning in 56 countries worldwide.
Smart Suggestions Guide on Apple Map
If you are new in town, Apple map can be used to find exciting places easily. Just follow these steps:
- Launch the apple maps app.
- Next, tap the search bar.
- Beneath the search bar, locate Smart Suggestions ( it has different categories, including Food & Drinks, Shopping, Fun, and Travel).
Note: the categories are dependent on your current location. There are endless categories, like Health and Transportation.
- Proceed to tap one of the categories to reveal popular options and sub-categories.
- Then, open one of the options to view its location on the Map.
- Tap Directions and Maps to get a route.
- You can change the mode of transport by tapping a corresponding icon.
- You can also tap to start turn-by-turn navigation.
- View traffic And Roadworks On Apple Map
- This feature can be used to sense traffic information, as well as other related issues. The app notifies in instances of Roadworks and road closures. Just turn on the live traffic information in the settings.
- Tap the “I” icon at the top-right corner to go to Settings.
- Then go to the Map tab and also toggled on traffic.
- Close the apple map settings. Observe your route, the yellow shades show moderate traffic, while red shades indicate a standstill.
Get public transport directions
The IOS 9 updates in 2015 introduced the ability to search public transport direction. Recent updates enable apple map to guide users to train stations. Although it is still limited, it works perfectly in the UK. Below is a quick user guide
- Search field to search for the destination, then tap Directions.
- Scroll down and select the Transport tab and then your preferred route.
- It will provide you with multiple routes and different forms of transport.
We believe that you have been well informed by this review on Apple Maps, tell us what you like most about the features of the app and why others should also explore the possibilities.