Learn how to compress files on Mac with the in-built file zipping tool. This the best option to consider when your device’s storage starts running low. You can decompress and compress files on Mac OS via a special feature for that on the operating system. It will not lead to file or information loss of any kind when properly done.
Compressing your files will give your system the ability to store a larger amount of information than it would have possibly been able to. You can always go back to them and extract them from these safe cocoons whenever you are in need of the information or files.
How you can Compress Files on Mac OS
When you do not want to employ the services of a third-party app in the exercise of compression and extraction, the operating system makes sure that you are covered. The follow-come feature for this is effective to say the least. There is no margin of error in making sure that your documents and media are secure.
- Locate “Finder” and choose your desired file or folder.
- Right-click to launch the pop-up menu and then select Compress “filename” option.
- A seperate copy of the file or folder will be created in ZIP format.
In the case where you want to decompress the file and see the content, you just need to double click on the file and decompressing in-built tool will automatically do its job for you.
NOTE: The amount of time taken to complete any compression and/or decompression of a file or folder depends on its volume and the processing capacity of your system. No special skills or experience is required for you to extract or compress files on Mac OS. The operating system itself made sure of that.
- How to Install Windows 10 on Mac – Free Download & Run on Parallels Desktop
- How To Boot Windows From USB Drive – Bootable USB Sticks
- Best Windows 10 Photo Viewer Apps For Your Computers