Different social media users have various reasons for wanting to put away their accounts at one time or another. These deactivations either temporarily or permanently tend to be the best solution to the situation at the time. See how you can delete your Twitter account below.
How To Delete Your Twitter Account
There are essential things you need to take note of before you proceed to decide this. In as much as you might have come to the conclusion that your account is better to be put down, you can still make a safe copy of your favorite and important data. See how to do that below.
How To Download Your Data From Twitter
- Log in to your Twitter account
- Click on your Profile and move to the Settings option
- Go to Account settings, click on Your Twitter Data option and enter your login details
- After that, Twitter will process the information and get your archive ready for download via e-mail.
- Then, click on the e-mail link to download the file.
How To Delete Twitter Temporarily
For a temporary twitter break, this is how to deactivate your account:
- Go to Twitter
- Log in to your Twitter account by entering your Twitter credentials
- Go to the Settings and Privacy option in the menu Settings located under the More option
- Click on the Account settings and select the Deactivate option
- Enter your password again to deactivate Twitter
How To Deactivate Twitter on Android and iOS
- Go to the Twitter app on either Android or iOS
- Locate the Settings and Privacy menu and select the Account option
- Following this, click on the Deactivate option, enter your password again, and you are good to go
How To Reactivate Twitter
After a successful temporary deactivation of a twitter account, the user can resume their normal activities on their accounts within 30 days. They just have to log in normally to start from where they stopped.
How To Permanently Delete Twitter
If you happen to be completely and totally done with the account in question, then all you have to do is to ignore logging in, and after 30 days you will be rid of it permanently.