How To Enable Incognito As Default Browsing Mode on Google Chrome – Internet users are well aware of the importance of privacy and are learning various ways of securing their data from the World. Fortunately, the Google Chrome browser has the option of the incognito mode for complete anonymity.
Incognito As Default Browsing Mode on Google Chrome
The Incognito mode is also known as the “porn mode.” However, there are way more reasons why a user should consider this browsing mode. These and more are what will be treated on this article, stay tuned for the full reveal below.
Google Chrome Incognito mode
Incognito is an option on your web browser that does not allow any internet information from being stored locally on your browser history. When this feature is activated, it prevents your web browser from saving any data during your browsing activities.
On incognito mode, your web browser will not keep track of any browsing history, searches, websites, forms, or temporary contents. This mode can come in very handy when you don’t want anyone knowing your browsing activities and patterns.
Temporary Use of Mode on Browser
It is possible to enable incognito mode temporary on your Google Chrome browser. To do this, you will have to click on the hamburger option symbol that is situated at the top right corner of the web browser; then you should select “New incognito window” or press ctrl+shift+N shortcut.
Making Incognito Mode the Default Browsing Mode On Chrome
You can also make incognito as the default browsing mode to enable you to browse anonymously. The following directions will guide you through the setting and use.
- Locate the browser’s installation directory.
- Then right-click on the application file, navigate to “Send To” and then click on Desktop to create a shortcut.
- After that, right-click on the shortcut on your desktop and view Properties.
- Now you will see the Target window path like:“C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe”
- To enable incognito mode as the default browsing mode, you just have to add -incognito in the end of the path, for example: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” -incognito