Having full knowledge that Hotjar is one of the most authentic tools for analysis and feedback. Users have encountered challenges when they want to install Hotjar on their website. This installation process is a straightforward process, but we are going to take it one by one for your understanding.
To enjoy all that Hotjar can give (analysis and feedback), you need to install Hotjar tool to your website. Establishing Hotjar on your site will assist Hotjar to get data and information on your website. Let’s begin on how to install Hotjar on your website.
How to Install Hotjar
We have three primary steps to follow in installing Hotjar on your website. An easy and straightforward procedure, But the user has to create an account. That is essential. The 3 basic steps are;
- Creating a Hotjar account.
- Adding the Hotjar tracking code to your website.
- Log in to your account and start making use of Hotjar.
Creating Hotjar Account
To create an account on this Hotjar, you can read on the account creation process by clicking here. Or you can go to http://insights.hotjar.com/register and enter in the account details you want to use to create the account. Then click on’ let’s get started’ and finish the short review.
Note: you can also sign-up using a Gmail which is a Google Account. This is achieved by you clicking on ‘sign up with Google’ icon below as you enter your information.
Adding Hotjar Tracking Code to Your Site
Adding Hotjar tracking code to your website will make it accessible for Hotjars to obtain information from your site instantly. Hotjar demands that the web owner adds the tracking code of the website when a website is attached to this platform.
This can be prepared manually, or the user can review the specific guidelines for your site as there is a particular guide for all platforms. By clicking here, you will see the all the guide list for all platforms here available.
The moment you successfully introduce the tracking code to your website, you now start making use of the Hotjar features like Froms, Heatmaps, recruiters, Recordings, Polls, Surveys, and, Funnels and lots more.
Manual Way of Adding Track Codes on Hotjar
A user who wants to install Hotjar code to your website manually should follow these steps:
- You have to duplicate the code from the web platform. After that, you have to log in to your Hotjar account and follow the next steps.
- The user who has successfully logged in and duplicated the code needs to pass the code on a live page on your site.
- It is counseled that the addition of the code should be on your website template. This step will facilitate the runs of the code on every page on your site when you have fortuitously installed Hotjar tracking code on your site.
- You also need to re-examine after a few minutes, so the portal verifies that the code is accurately installed to the website. This effect happens when the page of your website is loaded or refreshed.
- You can by yourself also visit any page of your site.