Apple watches might experience a few hitches from time to time, just like any other electronic gadget would. If it gets to the point where you want to reset your apple watch, there is a way to do it without any challenges. A reset makes it reinstall startup programs and also correct all outstanding errors.
Maybe yours have started giving you a handful of frustrating and abnormal behaviors, it might just be the right time to reset the apple watch and start all over again. Fortunately, the reset procedures are not as complex as the technology behind the watch.
How to Restart an Apple Watch
- Long-press the side button till the Power-Off slider displays on the screen.
- Then Drag the on/off icon on the Power Off slider to the right.
- Once the Apple Watch is switched off, give a 3-4 seconds interval and long hold on the side button till you see the Apple logo again.
If this is not what you want and it does not solve your apple watch issue, Then reset apple watch using force restart. Note Don’t perform a force restart when your watch is updating is in the middle of an OS update.
How to Force Restart
- Long Press on both the side button and Digital Crown for a minimum of 10 seconds.
- Then release both buttons when the Apple logo appears.
Reset Apple Watch If You Forget Your Passcode
There is still a solution for you if you cant get your hands on the password of the device again, albeit by launching the Watch app on your paired iPhone:
- Proceed to My Watch tab if it is not where you land on the app.
- Then got to General
- Then go to Reset
- Next, Select Erase Apple Watch Content and Settings.
Another excellent alternative to reset apple watch with the apple watch charge. Just connect the charger to the apple watch and take the following steps.
- Long Press on the side button until the Power Off screen appears.
- Hard press on the Power Off slider and then release.
- Next, Tap Erase all content and settings.
The watch is a marvelous work of technology, and although it can misbehave sometimes, it is good that we can always right it.