So many people still find it hard to enable the Whatsapp dark mode, both Android and iPhone devices. People have been asking questions on how to apply the new feature on their device. You should check out how you can easily enable the dark mode feature on any device below,
How to enable WhatsApp dark mode on iPhone
- Open your Whatsapp
- Then Go to setting>General>Accessibility>Display Accommodations>Invert Colors>Smart Inverts.
- After you must have done that, the dark theme will now be enabled across all the apps in the device.
- To fully enjoy the dark mode, change the wallpaper in the chat thread. To do this, go to WhatsApp Settings>Wallpaper>None.
How to enable WhatsApp dark mode on Android
- Open WhatsApp.
- Then go to Settings>Display>Select theme>Dark.
- As soon as the dark mode must have been turned on, then go to Settings>About phone.
- Now scroll down to “Build Number” and click on it seven times.
- A message will pop-up saying “Developers option is turned on”. Then click on “Override force-dark” to apply the dark theme to other apps.
- After you must have done that, the dark theme will now be enabled on WhatsApp. To enjoy the dark mode to its fullest, change the wallpaper in the chat threads. To do this, go to WhatsApp Settings>Wallpaper>None.
Be informed that the preceding steps are only for smartphones that are running on the latest Android Q beta version. However, if your device has Android 9 and below, there is also a leeway to get your desired feature too.
How to Enable Feature on Lower Android Versions
- Update your WhatsApp to the latest versions.
- After you must have been done updating, Open your WhatsApp.
- Now, go to settings then click on chats.
- You will see theme options, click on it.
- After you must have clicked on it, go to the menu and select dark, then click ok.
- Now you have automatically set the dark theme on your smartphone running Android 9 and below.
After you have gotten these steps implemented done, you can rest assured that you will enjoy the Whatsapp dark mode from that moment on. Tell us if you are having any challenges in getting them done below.